Mesquite Springs Ranch SOLD OUT
|Hunting, recreation, retirement
|Mesquite Springs Ranch is located 7.8 miles west of Menard off Hwy 190, then 5 miles north on Waddell Lane (County Road). The terrain on the ranch is gently rolling with a good covering of live oak and mesquite trees. Menard County has long been a destination for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. Game on the ranch includes a healthy population of whitetail deer and turkey as well as feral hogs and free ranging exotics. Thirty year fixed rate owner financing is available on all tracts. Qualified Texas Veterans may also use the Texas Veterans Land Board Loan to purchase the property. Located on the northern edge of the Edwards Plateau in Central Texas, the Menard area offers visitors a mild climate, beautiful scenery, historical sites, fishing and excellent hunting. Established as a county seat in 1858, the town of Menard is a unique community. Menard County was named in honor of Michael Branaman Menard. Menard founded Galveston, signed the Texas Declaration of Independence, and was a member of the Texas Congress. Located on the edge of the Texas Hill Country, the characteristics of rolling hills, lush vegetation, and the San Saba River which runs through the center of the County makes a vivid contrast to the arid Edwards Plateau. With a subtropical climate and growing season averaging 220 days, 80% of the county is comprised of farm and ranch land. Beef cattle, sheep, goats, grain, pecans, and hay are a large part of the economy. One new crop that is being developed and tested are truffles. These same conditions are what brought Spanish explorers, Missionaries, and pioneers to settle this area and makes the county rich in history and legends. Historic sites include the ruins of Presidio de San Saba, the 1852 military facility Fort McKavett, Sacred Heart Catholic Church built in 1899, and the Menard Irrigation Ditch originally built by the Spaniards in the 1700s.
|Several of tracts have electricity on them as shown on the plat. Well water is 200-300' deep in the area.
|Lots & Prices:
|Click To View
View Larger Map
|Legal & Restrictions:
MESQUITE SPRINGS RANCH
RESTRICTIONS AND COVENANTS
The property in the Mesquite Springs Ranch, as recorded in the plat records of Menard County, Texas, is subject to the covenants hereby made by the developer, (Seller), to-wit:
1. That these covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on the Purchaser and all persons claiming under him. Purchaser understands that these restrictions and covenants are filed in the Real Property Records of Menard County, Texas.
2. Hunting of all kinds for all game or other animals, whether on foot or by vehicle, is prohibited on or from roads in Mesquite Springs Ranch. That the above property herein shall not be used for commercial or day lease hunting nor any manufacturing purposes. There exists a grazing lease on this property. Purchaser understands that livestock may be present on his land and that sources of water on his land that existed when the property was purchased may be used for said livestock. Purchaser has no obligation to continue this lease and may cancel the lease on his property by constructing fencing that meets local standards and is adequate to keep Lessee's livestock off his property and then giving Lessee 30 days advance notice that he wishes to not participate in the lease. If Purchaser desires to remove or alter any existing fences on his property Lessee shall be notified in advance in order to maintain control of the livestock.
3. That no automobile, truck, trailer, or other vehicle shall be abandoned on this property, nor shall there be any dumping or placing of unsightly objects of any kind on the property.
4. That no structure of any kind (including hunting blinds and/or deer feeders) shall be permitted within 100 feet of any property line.
5. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any tract nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to any adjoining tract. No tract shall be maintained or utilized in such a manner as to violate any applicable statute, ordinance or regulation of the United States of America, the State of Texas, the County of Menard, if applicable, or any other governmental agency having jurisdiction thereof.
6. Not more than one residence shall be permitted on any tract. No communal residences shall be permitted.
7. That no commercial swine operation shall be permitted.
8. PURCHASER agrees not to impede the flow of water in and to existing water lines, tanks, or troughs that are on his property and grants ingress and egress to persons who need to maintain said improvements and wells which furnish water to the lines, tanks or troughs. Only those Purchasers who own an interest in an existing well shall have the right to use water from said well. Seller will not furnish water to any existing water troughs or tanks.
9. That no tract may be subdivided without the express written consent of the SELLER. This restriction will not prevent the Texas Veteran's Land Board (TVLB) from deeding a tract to a veteran for the purpose of a home site.
10. PURCHASER hereby authorizes SELLER and/or Assigns to charge each property owner a maintenance fee of $1.00 per acre, per year, not to exceed $300.00 to improve and maintain entrances, roads, wells, water lines, storage tanks and any other maintenance deemed necessary by the SELLER and/or Assigns in the Mesquite Springs Ranch Subdivision. Those tracts of land which front exclusively on a state or county maintained road will be charged a maintenance fee of $.50 per acre, per year, not to exceed $150.00. Such charge shall not be assessed against SELLER and/or Assigns. Such charge shall be made by direct billing to the property owner. If PURCHASER refuses to make said payments, PURCHASER hereby authorizes SELLER, at SELLER's option, to deduct such charge from payments made by PURCHASER, and any such charge so deducted will not be credited to the payment on the balance due on the purchase price, principal or interest. It is understood and agreed that this road maintenance charge (if not paid within 60 days of billing date) shall become a lien against the tract being conveyed, permitting SELLER and/or Assigns such rights to enforce said liens as may be set forth in Sec. 51.002 of the Texas Property Code, as amended time to time.
11. That at such time as SELLER may determine at his sole discretion, the SELLER shall have the authority but not the obligation to notify each tract owner of the time, date, and a place of a meeting of all tract owners to be held for the purpose of organizing a Property Owner's Association. A majority of the votes of the tract owners in attendance at such meetings or by written proxy shall be sufficient to transact business at such meeting. Each tract owner, including SELLER, attending or represented by written proxy at such meetings shall have one vote for each tract owned by such owner on all business to come before the meeting. Upon the creation and organization of such organization, as non-profit corporation, or otherwise, SELLER shall transfer and assign to the association the current balance of the road improvement and maintenance, if any. Thereafter such association shall have the power, authority and obligation to maintain the roadways of the development and collect the road maintenance assessment. All such assessments upon any tract in the development shall become the personal obligation of the owners of such tract and such association is hereby granted a lien upon each lot to secure the payments of such assessments, permitting said association such rights to enforce said liens as may be set forth in Sec. 51.002 of the Texas Property Code, as amended time to time. It is understood that SELLER, or SELLER’S assigns, shall not be responsible for paying this assessment under any circumstances. In the event a lien has been placed on property to secure the payment of assessments and that property is repossessed or otherwise transferred to SELLER it is understood that all such liens will be released.
12. No deviation of any kind shall be permitted from these restrictions unless permission is granted in writing by the SELLER.