Fossil Creek Ranch SOLD OUT
|Property Type:||Recreation, Hunting|
|Description:||The ranch is forty miles northeast of Del Rio and the shops and restaurants of Ciudad Acuna, Mexico. Lake Amistad is one of Del Rio's main attractions, offering a wide expanse of clear, turquoise-colored water on the Texas/Mexico border. The lake is part of Amistad National Recreation Area, managed by the National Park Service. There are great opportunities for boating, houseboat vacations, camping, water sports, fishing, and bird watching. The crystal clear waters are home to several species of bass, catfish, sunfish and gar. Lake Amistad is known as the premier bass lake in Texas. Fossil Creek Ranch has a diverse terrain, ranging from live oak covered valleys to rugged hills with limestone outcroppings and bluffs. Vegetation on the ranch includes live oak, hackberry, pinon pine, mesquite, shin oak and cedar trees as well as numerous native brush and grass species. This varied terrain and vegetation supports a large population of native and exotic game. Species found on the ranch include whitetail deer, axis deer, mouflon sheep, Rio Grande turkey, feral hogs, dove and quail. The views from the hills on the ranch are spectacular. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy this property year round, hunt, hike, kick back at your cabin or take the short trip to Lake Amistad and enjoy the many water activities available on the lake.|
|Amenities:||Access to the ranch is by a county maintained caliche road from FM 2523. All easements to tracts not fronting on the county road are along sixty foot recorded easements on well built caliche/gravel private roads.|
|Lots & Prices:||
|Topography Map:||Click To View|
|Legal & Restrictions:||
FOSSIL CREEK RANCH
RESTRICTIONS AND COVENANTS
The property in the Fossil Creek Ranch, as recorded in the plat records of Edwards County, Texas, is subject to the covenants hereby made by the developer, (Seller), to-wit;
1. That these covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on the Purchaser and all persons claiming under him. Purchaser understands that these restrictions and covenants are filed in the Real Property Records of Edwards County, Texas.
2.Hunting of all kinds for all game or other animals, whether on foot or by vehicle, is prohibited on or from roads in Fossil Creek Ranch. That the above property herein shall not be used for commercial or day lease hunting nor any manufacturing purposes. There exists a grazing lease on this property. Purchaser understands that livestock may be present on his land and that sources of water on his land that existed when the property was purchased may be used for said livestock. Purchaser has no obligation to continue this lease and may cancel the lease on his property by constructing fencing that meets local standards and is adequate to keep Lessee's livestock off his property and then giving Lessee 30 days advance notice that he wishes to not participate in the lease. If Purchaser desires to remove or alter any existing fences on his property Lessee shall be notified in advance in order to maintain control of the livestock.
3. That no automobile, truck, trailer, or other vehicle shall be abandoned on this property, nor shall there be any dumping or placing of unsightly objects of any kind on the property.
4. That no structure of any kind (including hunting blinds and/or deer feeders) shall be permitted within 300 feet of any public road, 200 feet of any roadway easement or 100 feet of any property line.
5. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any tract nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or become an annoyance or nuisance to any adjoining tract. No tract shall be maintained or utilized in such a manner as to violate any applicable statute, ordinance or regulation of the United States of America, the State of Texas, the County of Edwards, if applicable, or any other governmental agency having jurisdiction thereof.
6. Not more than one residence shall be permitted on any tract. No communal residences shall be permitted.
7. That no commercial swine operation shall be permitted.
8. PURCHASER agrees not to impede the flow of water in and to existing water lines that are on his property and grants ingress and egress to persons who need to maintain said water lines. Only those Purchasers who own an interest in an existing well shall have the right to use water from said well. Seller will not furnish water to any existing water troughs or tanks.
9. That no tract may be subdivided without the express written consent of the SELLER. This restriction will not prevent the Texas Veteran's Land Board (TVLB) from deeding a tract to a veteran for the purpose of a home site.
10. PURCHASER hereby authorizes SELLER and/or Assigns to charge each property owner a maintenance fee of $1.00 per acre, per year, not to exceed $300.00 to improve and maintain entrances, roads, community wells, water lines, storage tanks and any other maintenance deemed necessary by the SELLER and/or Assigns in the Fossil Creek Ranch Subdivision. Those tracts of land which front exclusively on a state or county maintained road will be charged a maintenance fee of $.50 per acre, per year, not to exceed $150.00. Such charge shall not be assessed against SELLER and/or Assigns. Such charge shall be made by direct billing to the property owner. If PURCHASER refuses to make said payments, PURCHASER hereby authorizes SELLER, at SELLER's option, to deduct such charge from payments made by PURCHASER, and any such charge so deducted will not be credited to the payment on the balance due on the purchase price, principal or interest. It is understood and agreed that this road maintenance charge (if not paid within 60 days of billing date) shall become a lien against the tract being conveyed, permitting SELLER and/or Assigns such rights to enforce said liens as may be set forth in Sec. 51.002 of the Texas Property Code, as amended time to time.
11. That at such time as SELLER may determine at his sole discretion, the SELLER shall have the authority but not the obligation to notify each tract owner of the time, date, and a place of a meeting of all tract owners to be held for the purpose of organizing a Property Owner's Association. A majority of the votes of the tract owners in attendance at such meetings or by written proxy shall be sufficient to transact business at such meeting. Each tract owner, including SELLER, attending or represented by written proxy at such meetings shall have one vote for each tract owned by such owner on all business to come before the meeting. Upon the creation and organization of such organization, as non-profit corporation, or otherwise, SELLER shall transfer and assign to the association the current balance of the road improvement and maintenance, if any. Thereafter such association shall have the power, authority and obligation to maintain the roadways of the development and collect the road maintenance assessment. All such assessments upon any tract in the development shall become the personal obligation of the owners of such tract and such association is hereby granted a lien upon each lot to secure the payments of such assessments, permitting said association such rights to enforce said liens as may be set forth in Sec. 51.002 of the Texas Property Code, as amended time to time. It is understood that SELLER, or SELLER'S assigns, shall not be responsible for paying this assessment under any circumstances. In the event a lien has been placed on property to secure the payment of assessments and that property is repossessed or otherwise transferred to SELLER it is understood that all such liens will be released.
12. No deviation of any kind shall be permitted from these restrictions unless permission is granted in writing by the SELLER.